News And Events
Exciting things are always happening at Maple View Bismarck. Come join us for special events, fun activities and more. Check out the calendar to see what’s coming up!
Employee Spotlight: Tina Thompson
1. What is your role at Maple View?
I am the Resident and Family Services Manager at our Bismarck location. I am the initial contact person at the facility for individuals interested in learning about our facility and the services we provide
2. How long have you worked at Maple View?
A little over 10 years
3. Before working at Maple View, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had?
I worked for 26 years for MedCenter One (now Sanford) Hospital in the nutritional services department as a Diet Tech. Helping people has always been my passion.
4. How did you first hear about Maple View?
While working at another facility I worked with some of the individuals who were responsible for the formation of the original Maple View here in Bismarck and so when an opportunity came up for me to join them and become a part of the Maple View team I took it.
5. What are three words to describe Maple View?
The three C’s – Caring and Compassionate Community
6. What do you find the most challenging at Maple View?
Meeting with and getting to know the families looking to place their loved one in a facility and assisting them with making one of their most difficult decisions of moving a loved one into a facility.
7. What is your favorite part about working at Maple View?
Getting the opportunity to provide families with tours of our facility and meeting the public by going into the community and sharing about Maple View and the services we provide with them. I really enjoy meeting people and getting to know them. I am proud of the service we provide at Maple View so it is easy for me to talk to people about what we do and what we have to offer.
8. What is your proudest moment?
Witnessing my son marry the love of his life and seeing how happy they are together – this in turn makes me very happy.
9. Tell us anything about your personal and family life that you would like to share with others.
I lived in Bismarck ND since the age of 5. I attended and graduated from BHS – Go Demons! I met my husband of 33 years shortly after high school. We have one son named Zach and a lovely daughter-in-law named Amber who reside in Moorhead MN. Eric and I also have two furry member of our family, our two cats, Kerra and Storm and also part of our family are our two “grandcats” Tigger and Jazzy.
My husband and I love the outdoors. We enjoy camping, hiking and long walks in our neighborhood that give us opportunity to catch up with our great neighbors.
10. What is your biggest Pet Peeve?
Shopping carts that are not properly put away in cart corrals after people use them
11. What is the name of your favorite movie?
Forest Gump – I love this movie, I could sit down and watch it anytime!
12. What is your favorite book?
The Thorn Birds – the book is way better than the mini-series
13. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?